Curriculum and Instruction
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction is dedicated to the following strategic priorities:
- Candidates will display academic excellence by…
- demonstrating success with creative and critical thinking, effective communication, and collaboration;
- demonstrating proficiency on the Kentucky Teacher Performance Standards;
- demonstrating proficiency on appropriate professional standards;
- applying appropriate professional dispositions; and
- demonstrating metacognition related to strategic reading.
- Candidates will apply culturally competent practices to their teaching/learning.
- Candidates will contribute to the professional community by engaging in action research, service learning, or professional development.
- Candidates will use their clinical experience opportunities (i.e., experiential education) to strengthen their pedagogy and content knowledge.