Advising & Curriculum for Teachers and School Leaders Graduate Degrees
GRADUATE TUITION is REDUCED for Kentucky teachers Learn more at this link
- Graduate Course Override Request Form
- Educational Leadership Graduate Course Override Request Form
- For more information please contact: Dr. Emily Zuccaro, Graduate Coordinator or (859) 622-6782
Programs for Teachers:
Master of Arts in Education (MAED)
- MAEd in Elementary Education
- MAEd in School Librarian
- MAEd in Middle Grade Education
- MAEd in Literacy
- MAEd in Secondary Education
- MAEd in Special Education
Rank I Programs
- Rank I programs are 30 hour graduate programs for certified teachers who already hold a master’s degree/Rank II certification. These non-degree programs lead to a pay raise in Kentucky public schools.
- RANK 1 – Elementary, Middle, Secondary, P-12 NOTE - this non-degree Rank I program does NOT qualify for financial aid. If you wish to earn a Rank I pay raise and use financial aid for your courses, chose a 2nd master's degree.
- RANK 1 – School Librarian NOTE - this non-degree Rank I program does NOT qualify for financial aid. If you wish to earn a Rank I pay raise and use financial aid for your courses, chose a 2nd master's degree.
- Earn a 2nd master's degree if you wish to use financial aid to earn the Rank I certification for the Rank I pay raise.
- For more information about Rank I programs, contact Dr. Ralph Turner
Certificate Preparation Programs
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Certification
- School Librarian K-12 Certification
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Certification
- Learning and Behavior Disorders
- Moderate and Severe Disabilities Certification
- EKU also offers programs for those who already hold a teacher certification to add elementary certification, and subject area certifications in middle grades (5-9) or high school. Please email Dr. April Blakely for more information - Dr. April Blakely
- ESL (Grades P-12) Endorsement
- Gifted Education (Grades P-12) Endorsement
- Literacy Specialist (Grades P-12) Endorsement
- Teacher Leader Endorsement
Undergraduate students with good academic standing may be allowed to enroll in graduate endorsement courses.
For more information about endorsements, contact Dr. Emily Zuccaro, Graduate Coordinator
- for those seeking to earn initial teacher certification in a graduate program
- MAT Elementary Education
- MAT Middle Grades 5-9
- MAT Secondary Education
- MAT P-12 Programs
- MAT Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE)
- MAT Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) and DHH with Sign Proficiency
- For more information about MAT degrees, contact Dr. Julie Rutland
Programs for School Leaders:
- Doctorate (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
- Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) in School Leadership
- Specialist in Education (Ed.S.) Program for School Principal, District Administration, Superintendent
Programs for School Counselor
- School Counseling MAED, Rank Programs, Endorsements, Certifications
- for more information, contact Dr. James McGinn, School Counseling Program Coordinator.