Advising & Curriculum for Teachers and School Leaders Graduate Degrees
GRADUATE TUITION is REDUCED for Kentucky teachers Learn more at this link
- Graduate Course Override Request Form
- Educational Leadership Graduate Course Override Request Form
- For more information please contact: Dr. Emily Zuccaro, Graduate Coordinator or (859) 622-6782
Programs for Teachers:
Master of Arts in Education (MAED)
- MAEd in Elementary Education
- MAEd in School Librarian
- MAEd in Middle Grade Education
- MAEd in Literacy
- MAEd in Secondary Education
- MAEd in Special Education
Rank I Programs
- Rank I programs are 30 hour graduate programs for certified teachers who already hold a master’s degree/Rank II certification. These non-degree programs lead to a pay raise in Kentucky public schools.
- RANK 1 – Elementary, Middle, Secondary, P-12 NOTE - this non-degree Rank I program does NOT qualify for financial aid. If you wish to earn a Rank I pay raise and use financial aid for your courses, chose a 2nd master's degree.
- RANK 1 – School Librarian NOTE - this non-degree Rank I program does NOT qualify for financial aid. If you wish to earn a Rank I pay raise and use financial aid for your courses, chose a 2nd master's degree.
- Earn a 2nd master's degree if you wish to use financial aid to earn the Rank I certification for the Rank I pay raise.
- For more information about Rank I programs, contact Dr. Ralph Turner
Certificate Preparation Programs
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Certification
- School Librarian K-12 Certification
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Certification
- Learning and Behavior Disorders
- Moderate and Severe Disabilities Certification
- EKU also offers programs for those who already hold a teacher certification to add elementary certification, and subject area certifications in middle grades (5-9) or high school. Please email Dr. April Blakely for more information - Dr. April Blakely
- ESL (Grades P-12) Endorsement
- Gifted Education (Grades P-12) Endorsement
- Literacy Specialist (Grades P-12) Endorsement
- Teacher Leader Endorsement
Undergraduate students with good academic standing may be allowed to enroll in graduate endorsement courses.
For more information about endorsements, contact Dr. Emily Zuccaro, Graduate Coordinator
Master of Arts in Teaching – MAT
- for those seeking to earn initial teacher certification in a graduate program
- MAT Elementary Education
- MAT Middle Grades 5-9
- MAT Secondary Education
- MAT P-12 Programs
- MAT Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE)
- MAT Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) and DHH with Sign Proficiency
- For more information about MAT degrees, contact Dr. Julie Rutland
Programs for School Leaders:
- Doctorate (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
- Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) in School Leadership
- Specialist in Education (Ed.S.) Program for School Principal, District Administration, Superintendent
Programs for School Counselor
- School Counseling MAED, Rank Programs, Endorsements, Certifications
- for more information, contact Dr. James McGinn, School Counseling Program Coordinator.